1. Snow. What's 1 - 4" compared to this?
2. Heat. Summer barely lasts three months here. I need to remember these people in Calcutta. They are sleeping outside and the heat has caused long-term power outages.
3. Drought. I have never in my life missed a single meal because of conditions like this:
4. Wind. I love that it is breezy in northern Indiana. I'm thankful I have not personally had to deal with this scene:
5. Tornado. I have frequent nightmares about tornadoes, thanks to "The Wizard of Oz" and living in "tornado alley," but it's never been my lot to see one out my window, thank God.
6. Flood. Flooding is common enough in the Midwest, but I've never been affected by one like this family:
7. Tsunami. Despite numerous trips to many beaches, I've fortunately never seen a sight like this:
8. Fire. I've never been inconvenienced for one minute due to a frightening scene like this one:
9, Pestilence.I've spent a small fortune bug-proofing my home and yard, and spray chemicals on my body to prevent insect bites. This poor guy isn't as lucky as me:
10. Famine. Even more ungrateful than my complaining about the weather is when I say, "I'm hungry." What do I know of hunger?
I'm as protected from the natural processes of the Earth as any human being can ever hope to be.
This exercise cured me of my Monday morning moaning.